KUK™ | CRKT®
Designed by Ryan Johnson of RMJ Tactical.
Canada's source for CRKT Knives and Tools.
In designing the KUK, Ryan Johnson was inspired by the Nepalese tactical and utilitarian machete kukri. The Kuk features a full tang recurved blade made from bulky carbon steel. The Kuk is a perfect combination of balance, function, and is awesomely over the top.
Designer Ryan Johnson hails from Chattanooga, Tennessee, and hasn’t just dedicated his impressive career to producing incredible knives, but to studying the historical and cultural significance behind them. The KUK™ fixed blade is a reflection of this lifelong fascination—it harkens back to just what exactly enticed him to knifemaking in the first place.
Named KUK™, short for kukri, after the Nepalese tactical and utilitarian machete, this full tang recurved blade means business. One look at the burly carbon steel blade with a black powder coated finish is proof. Balanced out by a tough glass-reinforced nylon handle, it’s a surprisingly elegant balance of form and function. And when tucked in its woven polyester sheath, the additional paracord makes for super versatile carry options, just in case you’re headed over a high Himalayan pass with a full pack.
- Blade Length: 10.56" (268.30 mm)
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 65Mn Carbon Steel
- Blade Finish: Powder Coat
- Blade Thickness: 0.14" (3.53 mm)
- Overall Length: 15.88" (403.23 mm)
- Weight: 14.70 oz. (416.74 g)
- Handle: Core - Polypropylene; Overmold - Thermoplastic Rubber
- Style: Fixed Blade Knife w/Sheath
- Sheath Material: 1680D Woven Polyester; Black; Insert - Polyethylene; Black
- Sheath Weight: 5.50 oz. (155.92g)